Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hate. A strong word.

I was just thinking about hate, and how some people don't like to use it because it's a very strong word. Well, fuck that. If I didn't feel strongly about it, I would say "I really dislike peas".

No. I feel strongly. About everything. I don't just hate peas, I fucking hate peas. Fuck peas. Fuck fucking peas. Green beady little fuckers.

A friend of mine and I have a joke that's been running for over a decade now. We both get a kick out of how the other applies instant judgement on almost everything and everyone. Regardless of the circumstance, it is judged, filed, and never forgotten. The judgement may change, but that initial "Fuck this." or "Rock on." is never entirely left behind.

Now I take this line of thought, and shift it a little to apply it to meeting new people. I figure there are two kinds of people with regards to how they feel when meeting a new person.

Type A meets someone new, and they think "Oh, wonderful. Knowing this new person is going to enrich my life and give me more experiences to enjoy."
That is not me.

Type B meets someone new, and they think "Oh wonderful. Someone else to piss me off. Knowing this new person will simply provide more tripe for me to fake smiles about. Shit. "
That's me.

It is about the time that "Shit." runs through my head that I make my judgement. It's usually pretty negative. I'm not exactly a people person.

Perhaps it is this aspect of my personality that keeps me from disliking the word "hate"? Maybe? Just a thought...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack Burden said...

Plus, you can't discount the health properties of hate/anger. It really gets the heart going. For example, if I walk in on my roommates who staked a 1-2 hour claim on the main room to watch reality TV, I don't have to go to the gym.

I don't hate them, just reality TV. And reality. Anyway, great blog, this and the killer robot army. I came here by way of "Surviving Grady" to "He's no Oprah..." and at some point in the chain, I turned on a computer.

Anyway, I'll keep reading your archives while I watch some really tall weird looking guy from KC give up homers in Fenway.

June 19, 2006 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home