Wednesday, August 03, 2005

We're All Monkeys

An interesting editorial read :

From Time Magazine - Krauthammer

As an atheist, I find some of this editorial to be lacking in harshness. But I do accept that the author probably does not have the same viewpoint that I have. And I like his stance.

I came across a quote that I greatly appreciated:

"If we are going to teach creation science as an alternative to evolution, then we should also teach the stork theory as an alternative to biological reproduction."- Judith Hayes

It encompasses exactly how foolish I find the notion. So-called intelligent design will crumple under the first bit of scientific scrutiny. It is a hypothesis with no proof. The only reason to believe it is faith.

What irks me the most about religious types expressing their ID fallacy is that they present it under the guise of "It's not a Cristian ideal. Every religion has a supreme being, and this could apply to any of them".

Well you know what, THERE IS NO SUPREME BEING. While I have no doubt that there are humans that are superior to these people, and I have some hope that there are extraterrestrials that are superior to humans, there is not a sole being that is hanging around out there, guiding the comings and goings of individuals. There is no such thing as a soul. There is no heaven. No hell. No angels. No Reincarnation. None of it. You're born. You live. You die. Game Over.

And even if you disagree with what I say, please respect that fact that not everyone believes in some magical sky fairy that is watching over people. Some of us find it moronic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home