The Joy of Getting Married
In case nobody has picked up on it, I am engaged, and my lovely bride-to-be has been planning the wedding. Happily(?), she has decided to include me in this planning, but not too much. Now, this is a very special time. Last night, I experienced one of the greatest joys of being engaged . It was truly wonderful, and memorable, and a fulfilling experience.
We went to a tasting for a caterer.
Oh, yes. Full bellies abound. I will try to recall the whole menu, as it was quite scrumptious. Of course, I won't know ALL of the ingredients because..well, because I'm a man.
Passed Hors d'oeuvres
- Beef Carpaccio with spinach and marmalade on toasted bread
- Tuna Tartar with some sort of sauce with seeds
- Mushroom Bisque Shooters (yes, shot glasses of mushroom soup)
- BBQ Duck with some green leafy thing served on some toasted bread thing
- Salad, but not just any salad. This is salad that is spread out like a bouquet of flowers, even included some actual flowers that are edible.
Main Course (Vegetarian Alternative)
- Some sort of veggie ravioli that was awesome. It was resting in a fine tomato broth, and served with asparagus, carrots, and some other long-ish vegetable.
Main Course ("Why wouldn't you get this" alternative)
- Petite Fillet Mignon lightly peppered
- Lobster tail buttered with lemon
- Carrots..with something done to them that was fantastic
- Butter Fried Potato Cake with Prosciutto
- Key Lime Pie (we may or may not have a cake, and the key lime pie would be the alternative)
After the tasting, we went home and finally got to see the movie '300'. What an awesome night.